The 35th International Conference of the System Dynamics Society
Cambridge, Massachusetts, USA
July 16 – July 20, 2017
60th Anniversary Celebration
Overview 2017 marks the 60th anniversary of the founding of the field of System Dynamics. It is thus fitting that we hold the 60th anniversary conference in Cambridge, next to the MIT campus where Jay Forrester developed the field. Today, System Dynamics is used around the world, from K-12 classrooms through doctoral programs, in scholarly research across many disciplines, and in applications from organizational change to climate change, from medicine to management. We will celebrate the accomplishments of the past six decades and explore future directions by showcasing the best work in dynamic modeling being done today.
There will be plenary presentations showcasing important work in the field, along with parallel and poster sessions, making available the most current research, applications, and work in progress. There is a full day of skill-building workshops covering a range of topics from basic software use to advanced analysis techniques. In addition, there will be interest group sessions, student colloquia, the modeling assistance workshop, vendor displays, demonstrations, and more. The conference schedule will provide time for social and professional interaction.
The Society’s annual international conference is held alternately in North America and Europe, with occasional appearances in Asia and the Pacific Rim. These conferences, and the meetings of local chapters and interest groups, introduce newcomers to the field, keep practitioners aware of current developments, and provide unparalleled networking opportunities.
Who should attend?
- Academics: Communicate your research results and find out about research being conducted around the world.
- Consultants: Demonstrate the power of system dynamics in client work and see what others are doing.
- Practitioners: Show what is being done in your organization and learn what is happening elsewhere.
- Students: Share your research, get feedback, and discover research directions and collaborators.
- Educators: Let people know what you are doing and see what is being done with students at all levels.
- Managers and Policy Makers: Discover new directions for your organization.
- Network with hundreds of other students, academics, consultants and professionals involved in System Dynamics.
- Receive current updates on a range of topics, from leaders and expert practitioners.
- Learn about the particular benefits and uses of different modeling approaches.
- Meet the sponsors and exhibitors and learn about their new developments.
- Progress your career or search for job candidates at the Red Ribbon Event.
- Learn about the latest work and research and see its implications for you.
- Enhance your skill set with workshops and see the work of luminaries.
- Explore and debate topics, discuss in formal and informal settings.
- Present your research, project, or product and get feedback.
- Promote your work.
For more information, please contact:
Roberta L. Spencer, Executive Director
System Dynamics Society
Milne 300 – Rockefeller College, University at Albany
Albany, New York 12222 USA
Ph: +1 518 442-3865 Fax: +1 518 442-3398