The 32nd International Conference of the System Dynamics Society, Delft, Netherlands
July 20 – July 24, 2014
Good Governance in a Complex World
Overview 2014 The annual System Dynamics conference brings together people from around the world to share important research and application results and to build the community of those active in the field. For 2014 we return to the Netherlands, this time to Delft University of Technology. The conference theme is “Good governance in a complex world.” Decision making by government, business, and the public is increasingly interdependent. In this conference we aim to address the role of models in governance in the public and private sectors, typically involving a diversity of domains, disciplines, organizations, stakeholders, policies, and goals.
Who should attend?
- Academics: Communicate your research results and find out about research being conducted around the world.
- Consultants: Demonstrate the power of system dynamics in client work and see what others are doing.
- Practitioners: Show what is being done in your organization and learn what is happening elsewhere.
- Students: Share your research, get feedback, and discover research directions and collaborators.
- Educators: Let people know what you are doing and see what is being done with students at all levels.
- Managers and Policy Makers: Tell others what you see as valuable and discover new directions your organization can move in.
There will be plenary presentations showcasing important work in the field along with parallel and poster sessions making available the most current research, applications, and work in progress. There will be skill-building workshops on Thursday and Friday covering a range of topics from basic software use to advanced analysis techniques.
In addition, there will be panel discussions, special interest group sessions, student colloquia, the Modeling Assistance Workshop, cultural events, vendor displays, exhibits, demonstrations, Society business meetings, and other related activities. The conference schedule will provide time for relaxed social and professional interaction.
The Society’s annual international conference is held alternately in North America and Europe, with occasional appearances in Asia and the Pacific Rim. These conferences, and the meetings of local chapters and interest groups, introduce newcomers to the field, keep practitioners aware of current developments, and provide unparalleled networking opportunities.
For more information, please contact:
Roberta L. Spencer, Executive Director
System Dynamics Society
Milne 300 – Rockefeller College, University at Albany
Albany, New York 12222 USA
Ph: +1 518 442-3865 Fax: +1 518 442-3398